View this page on a mobile device.
Don't Wait for an Emergency
Be Prepared with the Cadence Health ICE app
The Cadence Health ICE app allows users to create an emergency contact banner on their home screens -- viewable above the lock screen -- to help first responders know who to contact in case of an emergency. So if the user has an emergency and is unable to communicate, authorities will, at the very least, be able to contact the person listed on the contact banner -- even if the phone is locked. If locked, the information on the phone is only accessible after the phone has been unlocked by the owner or after the emergency contact has provided the lock code to the first responders.
The app also allows users to store information regarding their blood type, current medications, medication allergies, health conditions and organ donor registration designation.
Instructions for loading your emergency contact to your locked iPhone screen
1) Go to the iPhone app store and search Cadence Health ICE
2) In the right hand corner of your iPhone click install, and install the free ICE app
3) Once the app is installed launch the app on your iPhone by clicking on the new app icon. You will be prompted to choose two emergency contacts from your phone contact list. Adding two contacts is optional; you are only required to include one contact.
4) Once you have identified your emergency contact(s), you will need to select a wallpaper photo – you can choose from your photo library or select a generic photo. The photo that you choose will be created with your emergency contact information on it, and stored in your camera roll, or photo library.
5) Once the photo is stored, go into your photo library, find the photo and select the photo. Click on the arrow icon on the bottom left-hand corner of the image. Choose to "Use as Wallpaper". Move and scale your image to the desired size and select "Set". In order for the app to work to its fullest potential, choose to either "Set Lock Screen" or "Set Both".
Step by Step Set up for Android
1) Go to the Google Play store and search Cadence Health ICE.
2) In the right hand corner of your Android phone click install to load the free ICE app.
3) Once installed, launch the app on your Android phone. You will be prompted to choose two emergency contacts from your phone directory. Adding two contacts is optional; you are only required to include one contact.
4) When this is complete the app will appear over your home screen. In order to access your apps, simply press the home button on your device; this will take you back to the home screen where you can navigate your phone.